
When I saw this layout in a scrap-magazine, I knew what pictures I was going to use. I had taken a roll of film of Hannah playing with her model horses in the yard. (Last April). I don't normally put 12 pictures on a layout, but I felt like I needed to use them all, since they all represented what was important to her at that very moment. She spent all afternoon putting the models in different poses and taking pictures of them herself.
This is the finished product. I added a stripe paper to the top (not quite 1/2 way down the page)...about 1/3 of the way down and used my scroll stamps to add the design over the top.
Here's the paper before and after I added the stamped images. I was trying to add something to the stripe to match the paper in the example, or at least the concept of "tone on tone".
Then , I cut all my pictures in circles using my circle cutter and picked a color out of the stripe to mat the circle photos in. I inked around all images to make them stand out. I attached all the photos as one unit then stuck them to the bottom of the denim paper. 
Here they are all stuck together, ready to be adhered to the background paper.
For the focal picture up top, i chose to leave it square to make it stand out. It was one that Hannah took, of her models. I thought of these pictures when I saw the Title..."Do you see what I see". She sees everything different than me...on her level, this day, these horses, their position and poses were what she saw; who knows what was going on in her imagination! I added a sticker to the picture (stickers can go on pictures you know) and double matted it. I added brackets around the picture for my "trio"/"triangle" of embelishments.
8 comments:
Finally...Thank You! I've been waiting for another challenge. I might can actually keep up now!
This reminds me of Emma Kate. I walked in her room last week and she was taking pictures of her Barbies--posing them and everything. I thought it was so cute! A proud moment for me!! :)
You are just too creative for me!! I love it!! Thanks for sharing your "tips".
How cute! I am SO bummed...I'm going to have to miss scrapbooking again! Chad has a graduation to go to and all my babysitters will be at the graduation, too. I am REALLY upset! Oh well, the kids and I are going to have a movie night watching E.T. - it is there first time to see it so that will be fun!
Candy, I'm not that creative...you missed the first picture on this post...it was someone else's idea first! I copied it remember? Now you copy it from me...and so on....
Ooooh I love it! I love your page BETTER than the original!
FABULOUS!!! Did you cut the horse out with your Computer - die cutter - not a Cricut but the alien screaming machine thing? If so - could I get a few of those sometime? With horseback riding we have LOTS of pictures there. So many that I am thinking of using this in a VERY similar way. Thanks Kelly - OH - I am hosting a crop her on Monday at 9 - wanna come over??
Sure! I'll hop on the next plane over the ocean...seriously, I'd love to come. Yes, the silhouette cut out the horse, however I have a Quickutz Die that does one the same size, complete with saddle and all. Just let me know what colors you want...the saddle is Western though, you'd have to trim it to be English...cut off the stirrups and horn.
okay - white, grey, & black. Saddles would be black or brown. Madison LOVED this page and is excited about the die cuts. She wanted one for her scrap book also! Thanks!!!!
Post a Comment