I know you all are just beside yourself with anticipation for updated pictures of my boys. :-)
Let me quell your curiosity: We've had Moe and Clumsy for almost 6 weeks, and I am simply amazed at how quickly they grow. You can literally see the growth from at night when we lock them up in their crate, to morning when we let them out. All the sudden they have "big boy" feathers and very little down...now they quack instead of that sweet little chirp...and they'd rather be swimming in their swimming pool than pecking around in the flower beds with me. I have taught one to beg for crazy bugs (the bugs that hit the door at night when the porch light is on) and he'll jump about 4" off the ground for one. I'll have to remember to video that. Any-hoo...enjoy!
7 comments:
I can't believe how big they are! How do you keep them in your yard? You don't have a fence do you? They are so pretty. After watching the ducks at the zoo Saturday, Emma Kate decided she wants some! I wonder if that is in our neighborhood codes?
Oh my goodness, they grow so fast!!
They have grown so much! Are you really going to part with these guys??? How will you? And Hannah?
What I cute things. I am jelous of your dockies...
Well, the ducks don't really want to go anywhere...in fact they quack and chirp if you are out of their sight, and they are loose in the yard. It's like they know that something can get them. Now, when they are in their fence during the day, they are fine. Cindy gave me a moveable folding dog fence, and it makes a big square in the flowerbed, and I snatched a small swimming pool from your old neighbor's garbage for them to swim in. We cover the fencing with camoflauge netting to keep anything out, like hawks, cats etc... They just hang out in there all day, and if I go out to the mailbox, or to weed, they come with me, right behind me every step of the way, if I'm going, they're going. It's funny. I love them. I guess it's like your kids...you nurture them and when it's their time to fly the nest, you just feel like it's time for them to go. At least that's whay Lisa Teusch told me! Also, the neighborhood here says no poultry, but the people across the street have chickens, so why not ducks? Besides, does that ugly white house on the corner match the covenants? NO!
There is something peaceful about ducks. I think it will be hard to part with them. You seriously have a 'no poultry' rule? Who thinks of these things? Chickens are icky - Ducks are much better. Thanks for the update.
It's a parish ordinance against "farm animals". I dont live on a farm, so these aren't farm animals in my opinion, plust 1/2 mile down the road our neighborhood has 11 horses...seems horses would qualify as a farm animal before ducks?
Post a Comment